Turkey Package (9 Days / 8 Nights)
Day 1: Cappadocia
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - Thursday, March 28, 2019
Hos Gelidiniz and Namaste!!!
Welcome to Turkey. On arrival in Turkey International Airport, proceed to the domestic section to board your internal flight to Cappadocia. Our representatives will be meeting you at the airport in Kayseri or Nevsehir as per prior notification and transfer you to your hotel.
Dinner and overnight stay in Cappadocia (D)
Day 2: Cappadocia
Thursday, March 28, 2019 - Friday, March 29, 2019
Explore this beautiful city that is full of surprises.
• Kaymakli: The widest of all the underground cities of Cappadocia and is still used for storage, cellars and stables.
• Pigeon Valley: With its various unusual rock formations in addition to hundreds of pigeon houses, the place is a world of its own and a must see for any bird- lover.
• Uchisar Catsle: This place in addition to being the highest point of Cappadocia, is also home to a natural fortress formed by two gigantic rocks surrounded by many smaller ones. You can also take a walk through some beautiful ancient rock cut churches of the city.
• Rose Valley: Famous due to the rose colored rocks varying in hue and intensity that line the valley, the place also gets its name from them. The valley is also home to various beautiful rock formations and rock cut churches.
In addition to the above given attractions, you also have the option of experiencing the Turkish Night entertainment show by touring a cave restaurant complete with local folk dancers and belly dancers.
Dinner and overnight stay at Cappadocia (B-L-D)
Day 3: Cappadocia
Friday, March 29, 2019 - Saturday, March 30, 2019
After breakfast, continue on to your tour of exploring the city of sights- Cappadocia.
• Goreme Open Air Museum: Explore the byzantine era monasteries, churches and chapels, all still wonderfully preserved in addition to the nearby 12th century caves. Do take a walk through the witching ‘fairy chimneys’ that have been formed through strange geological phenomenon spanning millions of years. It is due to these ancient and natural attractions that the placve has been named as one of the UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.
• Zelve Valley: Considered to be one of the earliest settled and lastly abandoned valleys of Cappadocia, the place is home to many secular and religious chambers honeycombed with early dwellings.
• Devrent Valley: Also known as the “Fairy zoo”, the place has a lunar landscape having various animal shaped rock formations, thus giving it a totally ethereal feel.
• Cavusin Village: Visit the church of St. John the Baptist while enjoying a panoramic view of the whole valley from this unique vantage point.
• Avanos: Visit this center of terra cotta work that has been in existence since 3000 BC.
• Ortahisar village: get transferred to the ancient times by taking a trip down the lanes of the stony ancient houses that are just a preclude to the actual landmark of the place, The Castle of Ortahisar.
Dinner and Overnight stay at Cappadocia (B-L-D).
Day 4: Cappadocia - Kusadasi
Saturday, March 30, 2019 - Sunday, March 31, 2019
Board the internal flight from the airport to Izmir and enjoy a 30 minute drive to your next destination Kusadasi. Check in to your hotel in the afternoon and enjoy a lazy evening in the plush scenic surroundings of the village.
Dinner and overnight stay in hotel (B-D).
Day 5: Kusadasi
Sunday, March 31, 2019 - Monday, April 1, 2019
Explore the natural scenic views of the city with following on the day’s itinerary.
• Pamukkale: Also known as the “Cotton Castle”, the place is one of the natural crowd pullers due to its stone formations and water deposits. The place has now been declared as the ‘World Heritage Site’ to conserve and protect its unique beauty and feel.
• Hierapolis: This ancient city was an ancient healing center in addition to being one of the biggest cemeteries of Anatolia. This has also earned it the name of being one of the greatest necropolises.
• Hot Spring waters: Take a walk through these naturally present thermal hot water springs in Kusadasi that have been the cause of many a different deposits and rock formations of the city.
Dinner and overnight stay in Kusadasi (B-L-D)
Day 6: Kusadasi - Istanbul
Monday, April 1, 2019 - Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Visit the ancient city of Ephesus that is one of the best and one of the greatest of all the preserved cities of Turkey. Take a walk through the pages of history itself by visiting the ancient monuments still intact in their original form.
• Temple Of Hadrian: This ancient temple, built in the honor of Emperor Hadrian, has a beautifully arched entrance and is still home to interesting reliefs of Medusa and various other scenes.
• Marble Street & The Great Theatre: Amble through the ancient marble street that was paved by 5th century marbles and is still well preserved. On the side o the road is the Great Theatre, housing over 24000 seats and still gives a feel of how the ancient spectators felt while watching drama on its stage.
• St Mary’s House: This is the place where it is locally believed the Virgin Mary spent her last days.
After the completion of the day trip, enjoy a relaxing drive to the airport where flight for Istanbul awits your boarding.
Day 7: Istanbul
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Today’s plan includes following must see monuments of Istanbul.
• Hippodrome & Egyptian Obelisk: This ancient place has been a witness to many a chariot races in its hey days and still has some of its original adornments. These include the Egyptian Obelisk, the Column of Constantine and the Serpentine Column.
• Topkapi Palace: This was the ancient residence as well as the administrative capital of the powerful Ottoman Empire Sultans.
• Hagia Sophia Museum: This 1400 year old monument is considered to be one of the most important ancient architectural marvels of the world. This Byzantine era cathedral that still houses some of the bygone era iron work, relics and mosaics.
• The Blue Mosque: Named “The blue Mosque” due to its beautiful blue, green and white colored Iznik tiles that adorn the walls of the mosque.
• Grand Bazaar: Enjoying the distinction of being one of the largest and the oldest covered bazaars of the world, the place is home to over 3000 shops and 61 streets in totality.
Enjoy a nice and relaxed Indian dinner at one of the popular local Indian restaurant. As your table will be reserved, you have the liberty of going at any hour as per your wish.
Overnight stay in Istanbul.
Day 8: Istanbul
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 - Thursday, April 4, 2019
After breakfast, experience Istanbul at its best by visiting the following attractions of the city.
• Bosphorous Waterway cruise: Sail along this photographer’s delight that acts as the divide between the two continents- Europe and Asia.
• Spice Bazaar: Spice up your trip by taking in the aromas at this famous spice bazaar which will transport you back to the Silk Road days.
Enjoy the rest of the day at your own leisurely pace taking in the Eurasian culture of the city.
Overnight stay in Istanbul (B).
Day 9: Istanbul
Thursday, April 4, 2019 - Friday, April 5, 2019
After breakfast, relax and enjoy till the check out time.
The coaches will be waiting right outside to transfer you to airport for your flight back home.